Bose Public Affairs Group (“BPAG”) is seeking an intern for the firm’s Indianapolis office. The internship will run from mid-December, 2020 through May 1, 2021. The intern will learn about the daily operations of a full service government affairs team and develop an in-depth working knowledge of public policy issues facing Indiana and the legislative process. Weekly hours – 37.5 / Hourly wage – $14.00.
BPAG provides clients substantive expertise in the long-term legislative and regulatory representation of businesses, trade associations, non-profit organizations, educational institutions and industry. Our government relations practice is widespread, encompassing a full range of government affairs services that include direct lobbying, legislative development, strategic messaging, appropriations and regulatory affairs. Our success is based on our experience, core strengths and a bipartisan commitment.
- Attend legislative committee meetings to provide timely key takeaways to BPAG professionals and clients
- Track legislation and other legislative activity on critical client issues throughout the entire legislative process
- Coordinate BPAG’s internal government relations team calendar
- Draft weekly internal and external reports summarizing relevant legislative action
- Facilitate meetings between BPAG clients and legislators
- Conduct research and policy analysis on short and long-term projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable background in research and writing
- Familiarity with basic concepts of government at the local, state, and federal levels
- Working knowledge of the legislative process in Indiana
- Accurately and concisely summarize complex information
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Please send your resume, two references and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.