The Bose Public Affairs Group is a full service government relations, public affairs and firm that represents a wide range of clients in the science and technology, education, and environment and energy sectors, as well as local governments and non-profit organizations.
As part of the firm’s government relations and communications team, the Public Policy Specialist is a professional who will work on a wide variety of client matters involving many aspects of the legislative and public policy process. The firm’s professionals work with Congress, the Administration, and other industry, governmental, scientific, and education-related organizations to develop and execute federal and state strategies and coalition activities at the cutting edges of public policy.
- Organize and prepare for client meetings and congressional briefings
- Monitor Congressional and Administrative activities for clients
- Research and draft content of weekly client-related publication(s)
- Coordinate and schedule congressional meetings for Washington Fly-Ins and develop briefing materials
- Prepare expense time, and other reports, filing and day-to-day scheduling requests for clients and the Washington office team
- Advance into other responsibilities depending upon individual skills and interest
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to register as a lobbyist, if required
- Previous work experience in government, public affairs, or legal profession preferred
- Strong written communication skills, including persuasive and technical writing
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to represent BPAG and the firm to outside audiences
- Strong computer skills, including social media, digital visual content production, and website management
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Generate high-quality work, with exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain poise in a fast-paced environment
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work independently after being given initial instructions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities change over time to meet client needs. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.