Bose Public Affairs Group (“BPAG”) is seeking an Indiana education policy fellow focused specifically on education policy for the firm’s Indianapolis office to assist a full service government affairs team at the Indiana General Assembly. The BPAG Indiana education policy fellow will develop an in-depth working knowledge of real time public policy issues facing Indiana and the legislative process. This posting is specifically for an Indiana education policy fellow who will focus primarily on following education related proposals and the development of the school funding formula. The position will run from mid-December 2023 through March 22, 2024. Weekly hours – 37.5 / Hourly wage – $15.00.
BPAG provides our clients substantive expertise in the long-term legislative and regulatory representation of businesses, trade associations, non-profit organizations, educational institutions and industry. Our government relations practice is widespread, encompassing a full range of government affairs services that include direct lobbying, legislative development, strategic messaging, appropriations and regulatory affairs. Our success is based on our experience, core strengths and a bipartisan commitment.
- Attend legislative committee meetings to provide timely key takeaways to BPAG professionals and clients
- Track legislation and other legislative activity on critical client issues throughout the entire legislative process
- Coordinate BPAG’s internal government relations team calendar
- Draft weekly internal and external reports summarizing relevant legislative action
- Conduct research and policy analysis on short and long-term policy projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable background and/or interest in education policy
- Familiarity with basic concepts of government at the local, state, and federal levels
- Working knowledge of the legislative process in Indiana
- Accurately and concisely summarize complex information
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Please send your resume, two references and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.