Public Affairs Assistant
A Public Affairs Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance to Bose Public Affairs Group LLC (“BPAG”) professionals.
- Communicate updates and issues to professionals
- Assist with planning meetings and events
- Scheduling at an individual and/or organizational level
- Oversee filing of PAC reports and executive/local government reports
- Prepare lobby registration statements
- Compile all data for each client, BPAG compensated and BPAG lobbyist reports
- Prepare and file accepted reports with the Indiana Lobby Registration Commission
- Assist with the preparation and management of PAC budgets
- High School diploma required or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ yrs. Experience providing administrative support required
- 5+ yrs. experience with the Indiana General Assembly, political organization, trade association, or in government affairs industry preferred
- Familiarity with the Indiana Lobby Commission and the Indiana Department of Administration Executive Branch Lobbying regulations preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Aderant and ChromeRiver experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, goal setting, analytical and planning skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Positive team player, independent self-starter, takes direction well and accepts a challenge
- Professional attitude and excellent customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Generate high-quality work, with exceptional attention to detail and proof reading skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, adapt to new assignments, meet deadlines and maintain poise in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Willingness and desire to attend training classes to maintain and increase technical skills
- Regularly report to work and adhere to designated work schedule
- Professional appearance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bose Public Affairs Group (“BPAG”) is seeking an intern for the firm’s Indianapolis office. The internship will run from mid-December, 2021 through May 1, 2022. The intern will learn about the daily operations of a full service government affairs team and develop an in-depth working knowledge of public policy issues facing Indiana and the legislative process.
Weekly hours – 37.5 / Hourly wage – $14.00.
BPAG provides clients substantive expertise in the long-term legislative and regulatory representation of businesses, trade associations, non-profit organizations, educational institutions and industry. Our government relations practice is widespread, encompassing a full range of government affairs services that include direct lobbying, legislative development, strategic messaging, appropriations and regulatory affairs. Our success is based on our experience, core strengths and a bipartisan commitment.
- Attend legislative committee meetings to provide timely key takeaways to BPAG professionals and clients
- Track legislation and other legislative activity on critical client issues throughout the entire legislative process
- Coordinate BPAG’s internal government relations team calendar
- Draft weekly internal and external reports summarizing relevant legislative action
- Facilitate meetings between BPAG clients and legislators
- Conduct research and policy analysis on short and long-term projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable background in research and writing
- Familiarity with basic concepts of government at the local, state, and federal levels
- Working knowledge of the legislative process in Indiana
- Accurately and concisely summarize complex information
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Please send your resume, two references and a writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Strategic Business Services
State & Local Government Relations